White Noise Night Light #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

FMWFL6XJOYNUVVN LARGE

This is a clever project that could teach your toddler to stay in bed. Shared by WhiskeyDrinker in Instructables:

This is a project I made for my 1-year-old for Christmas. Honestly though, it was a sanity present for me and my wife. It’s a white noise machine that can play multiple different sounds selected through a web interface, and also incorporates lights that change color based on the time (red lights mean be in bed, yellow mean you can play in your room, and green means it’s ok to come out). Since my son is too young to tell time, a color-based night light seemed like a really good idea.

It’s a really easy project, and since I’ve already written the code, it’s maybe a 1 out of 5 on the difficulty scale. If you have toddlers that bother the heck out of you way too early in the morning, you’ll want to make one.

Learn more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!