A View From the Easel #ArtTuesday

Carolyn Hancock Studio 720x540

Hyperallerigic has a series where artists submit photos of their workspaces (It reminds me a little of our Cats of Engineering page). It is fascinating to check in and see behind the curtain of different makers studios!

Via Hyperallergic:

Carolyn Hancock, Richmond, TX

Pastels and light cover my studio. I squeezed my studio into a long, narrow sunroom, but found all I need for actual painting is about six square feet. That’s a six-foot table so all my pastels are visible and in easy reach, an easel, and step-back space.

The opposite end of the studio may be the most important: a comfy couch for resetting my energy, for studying, and most importantly, to look down the room at what is on the easel. From that resting spot and distance, I can analyze a painting and see its good and bad parts. A big desk in the center holds everything needed for sketching, value and color studies, and full size drawing. An expandable table with a mat cutter and a beautiful bookcase that I built for my art books complete the room.

A View from the Easel Archives Hyperallergic

See more!


Screenshot 4 2 14 11 48 AMEvery Tuesday is Art Tuesday here at Adafruit! Today we celebrate artists and makers from around the world who are designing innovative and creative works using technology, science, electronics and more. You can start your own career as an artist today with Adafruit’s conductive paints, art-related electronics kits, LEDs, wearables, 3D printers and more! Make your most imaginative designs come to life with our helpful tutorials from the Adafruit Learning System. And don’t forget to check in every Art Tuesday for more artistic inspiration here on the Adafruit Blog!