CRT Badge – Sony Watchman Hack @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

from Cameron Coward via hackster.io

A few months ago I wrote a post for the Hackster blog about Bitluni’s CRT Boy project. I thought the idea of using a tiny CRT for a build was really cool, and on Twitter Emily Velasco (@MLE_Online) pointed out that you can find a used Sony Watchman online for less than $20. So, I ordered one and decided to turn it into a badge!

Eventually, after quite a lot of research and trial and error, I was able to identify the pins I could use to send a composite video signal directly to the CRT. Since the Raspberry Pi Zero W has a built-in composite video output, this new setup is nice and compact. Below, I’ll describe the steps you can follow to do the same.

See full projet here!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!