The True Cost Of LEGO WordPress Development


When I switched to WordPress over a decade ago, I was aiming at maximizing RAD (Rapid Application Development). But not for the reason everyone assumes first.
Coding Can Last Forever
My background in engineering is enterprise-grade development. I spent a few years with Java (JavaServer Faces, Google Web Toolkit) and some dabbling into .NET.
Gathering a team of 20+ working on a project for 5 years is significantly different than bootstrapping a powerful application in two or three months.
Throughout my transition period, I switched between web and mobile Java development, Python (Django) for a UNICEF project, programming for set-top boxes before smart TVs were a thing, and PHP development with CodeIgniter, CakePHP, and custom frameworks.
I even tried to sell my own custom Java CMS, but this was pointless. I couldn’t match the "time to market" with PHP’s abilities, nor the server costs back in the day.
WordPress Can Be A RAD Framework
This is one of the reasons why WordPress currently powers nearly 33% of the Web.
A PHP-driven CMS promising backward compatibility, offering unlimited design opportunities, a streamlined editorial experience, and a powerful modular infrastructure
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18262/the-true-cost-of-lego-wordpress-development



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/01/06/the-true-cost-of-lego-wordpress-development/