Antique Hand Cranked Grinder Restoration

Mr mechanics shared this video on Youtube!

In this video i’m restoring a very old hand cranked grinder.

A few weeks ago I visited my friend and we took a closer look at his barn, looking for something interesting to restore. As soon as I saw this hand cranked grinder, I knew that this would make a nice restoration video. It was all covered in wood dust and the visble steel parts were very rusty. It was still working, but the grinding wheel was very unbalanced.
When I was cleaning the parts with the parts washer I found a lot of nails and screws in the gearbox, I guess I was very lucky that I didn’t found any teeth from the gears. The pin connection from one gear was damaged very hard. I filled it all up with welding and machined all surfaces clean again.

Learn more!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/3030nO7
via IFTTT