The Fourier Transform Turned Into Art #ArtTuesday

via Art the Science

For a long time I’ve wondered about how to combine my art and my science in a way that is both interesting for scientists and the broader audience. I started to realize the power of art to engage people by making illustrations to explain the mechanisms I was working on, and by making figures for others—like a friend doing a PhD in theoretical physics. It was towards the end of my PhD that I made an illustration that really captured both audiences. I was working on a big project that resulted in a really nice publication. To illustrate the findings of the paper I designed an image that was used in a synopsis article that our paper was selected for and it was also selected by the editors as the cover-image of the issue that the article appeared in. I noticed that even people who didn’t know much about the science behind the image really liked it; explaining what it depicted became a great conversation starter for me. Recently, I’ve been approached and asked to design cover art for articles and conference booklets.

See more!


Screenshot 4 2 14 11 48 AMEvery Tuesday is Art Tuesday here at Adafruit! Today we celebrate artists and makers from around the world who are designing innovative and creative works using technology, science, electronics and more. You can start your own career as an artist today with Adafruit’s conductive paints, art-related electronics kits, LEDs, wearables, 3D printers and more! Make your most imaginative designs come to life with our helpful tutorials from the Adafruit Learning System. And don’t forget to check in every Art Tuesday for more artistic inspiration here on the Adafruit Blog!


from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2yGH0hL
via IFTTT