Add Aux to Sonos Using Raspberry Pi #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

FYNKPPCJ98RHBEM LARGE

Shared by replayreb on Instructables:

I have always been fascinated by the Raspberry Pi but never had a real need for one until now. We have three Sonos components in our house: A Play 5 in the living room, a Play 3 in the bedroom and a Sonos CONNECT:AMP powering outdoor speakers on our patio. With them we can listen to practically anything except our local radio station which doesn’t stream over the Internet. I have a tabletop radio upstairs in my office that has a line-out and wanted to be able to listen to it throughout the house mainly for live sports broadcasts. I could have accomplished this by buying another Play 5 or CONNECT and use their line-in but I didn’t have enough room in my little office nor did I want to invest that much more money just to have that capability. I decided to learn how to program a Raspberry Pi to add a remote line-in for our Sonos speakers. I wrote this Instructable for the complete Raspberry Pi NOOB, which I was until just a few days ago, with what I feel is the most concise, least amount of steps necessary to have a Raspberry Pi automatically start serving a live 320 kbps stereo mp3 stream to Sonos within seconds of booting up. This is also the perfect way to listen to your turntable throughout the house on Sonos.

FBUJS6KJHATTMDF LARGE

Learn more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!