Posable Low-poly Pikachu #3DPrinting #3DThursday

543c174f73fca96494be92efb1cfc855 preview featured
Pigworthy shared this project on Thingiverse!

Added a Version with Ears that can be moved also.

Added a Version 2, made the stud in the neck larger so there is less area for the head and neck to bond together. It is easier than the original version to free up the neck and head.

One of my Grand children and I was playing with a Low-poly Pikachu I printed for them, and I had the thought that it would be nice if the tail and head could move…… Well a couple of hours at the computer and we have a Pikachu that can move it’s head and tail.

This prints all at once, PLEASE read the printing details. Once the print is done, slowly loosen the tail up first. Then comes the hard part, breaking the neck area free. I use my scraper and slowly add pressure in the neck joint until I hear some cracking. I then work my scrapper around the whole neck area to free it up. It does take some practice.

Learn more!


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2HPco2w
via IFTTT