NEW GUIDE: Building the Assistive Technology Ultimate Remote #AdafruitLearningSystem #AssistiveTechnology #Feather #Bluetooth @AT_Makers @cyborg55

A new guide in the Adafruit Learning System: Building the Assistive Technology Ultimate Remote

Chris Young and Bill Binko have years of assistive technology experience between them and this guide shows how to build assistive remote control that was unheard of at any price just a few years ago.

In my lifelong struggle to deal with my neuromuscular disease Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), I’ve built a variety of assistive technology devices. But the most powerful and useful device I’ve built is my “Ultimate Remote”. It combines infrared control of TV, DVR/cable box, DVD/Blu-ray players as well as IR mouse and keyboard emulation. It also includes a Bluetooth device for iOS switch control of my iPhone or iPad.

The first version of this device was created in late 2015 and it has evolved through several versions. It’s always been my intent to document the device so that other disabled people can take advantage of what I’ve developed. Because it was an evolving design, I’ve not documented it until now. However, I’ve cleaned up the code, redesigned the 3D printed enclosure, and it’s finally ready to share with the world.

See this new guide now > > >

https://learn.adafruit.com/building-the-assistive-technology-ultimate-remote/overview