Yulia-Pendant_v1.0: Animated pendant using ESP8266 Arduino and 7×15 Adafruit Charliewing

Overview

Super neat project from user domconscious on GitHub.

Animated pendant using a LOLIN D1 Mini Pro ESP8266 and Adafruit CharliePlex FeatherWing 15×7 LED array

This is a fork of a Clone of Adafruit/FirePendant, modified for the Feather, then modified for ESP8266, I put my thang down, flip it and reverse it, Ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gnaht ym tup i. Oh yah, it loops a canned animation sequence on the display. There’s a conversion tool included for grey scale PNGs to a format that draws pixels.

This was originally made for my girlfriend as a courting gift but then it got popular, and well, I made a bunch of these for Burning Man 2019. These will eventually be produced in mass including battery. With a 560mah battery you can squeeze 5-7 hours out of it depending on brightness. I have also included the 3d model for the cases used for Burning Man and the original 3d heart for my girlfirend.

Arduino sketch is comprised of ‘Pendant.ino’ and ‘animation.h’ — latter contains animation frames packed into PROGMEM array holding bounding rectangle + column-major pixel data for each frame. I have been able to pack over 600kb of frame data composed of over a 1000 frames.

Read more.