Anatomical Watercolors from Vensa Jovanovic #ArtTuesday

via Art the Science

My work deals with the human body; there are strong affinities to medicine and anthropology. In the early stages of my primary practice, my work focused mostly on anatomy and physiology. My drawings and paintings had more obvious elements of medical illustration. As I developed a direction, the ideas turned toward an investigation of how we characterize bodies. I like to look at the body as something other than a container or a machine. I’ve been looking at variability, kinship, empathy, desire, and lived experience in general—embodied experiences that are impossible to quantify and measure. My work is an endeavor to reconcile discrete ideas like physiology and genetic information with less discrete things: interspecific relationships, the fluidity of the body, the inability to truly convey one’s own subjective knowledge.

See more!


Screenshot 4 2 14 11 48 AMEvery Tuesday is Art Tuesday here at Adafruit! Today we celebrate artists and makers from around the world who are designing innovative and creative works using technology, science, electronics and more. You can start your own career as an artist today with Adafruit’s conductive paints, art-related electronics kits, LEDs, wearables, 3D printers and more! Make your most imaginative designs come to life with our helpful tutorials from the Adafruit Learning System. And don’t forget to check in every Art Tuesday for more artistic inspiration here on the Adafruit Blog!