Becoming a Living GUNDAM: b.a.k.i. (breakthrough automated [kannon] instrument) @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

Brian Chen, who came up with the Superior Automated Gauntlet Apparatus (S.A.G.A.) ia hackster.io

In my ongoing campaign to become a living GUNDAM, after I finished the S.A.G.A. (Superior Assault Gauntlet Apparatus) project for my forearms, I decided the next body part I would weaponize would be my deltads (shoulders lol). I wanted to create a shoulder cannon that could target and fire automatically, like Marvel’s War Machine.

Problem was, the only things I had ever programmed in were MATLAB and Arduino, both for very simple applications. In order to create a cannon that could auto-target, I needed something with more computational power. So I enrolled in ENGI 301 to learn Python and take the next step forward in programming.

Before going for the full shoulder cannon right away, I chose to create a stationary defense turret first, to keep things simple. Well, simpler.

See project!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2RwBadk
via IFTTT