Visual Studio Code for Arduino Basics #Arduino #Processing #Mac @code

The Arduino Etcetera blog talks about installing Microsoft Visual Studio Code on a Mac to support programming in Arduino and Processing.

I’m partway through a robots project using Arduino and Processing. While getting into OpenCV I managed to cock-up my Python installation so badly on my Mac that I just trashed the whole machine and started again. Having come back into Arduino and Processing after a long break I decided not to persist with the rudimentary IDEs that each provides. Visual Studio Code time!

In Visual Studio Code we need to install the extensions for both Arduino and Processing. The fifth button down the left side icon menu gets to extensions. Search both Arduino and Processing and install them.

You’ll probably want to bookmark this post as there are configuration files and tweaks that aren’t well documented but are in the post to make life easier.