Wormhole: direct two network devices with Python #Python @biglesp

Les Pounder posts the question: Have you ever needed to send a file to someone who is in the same room? Enter: Wormhole.

This is a tool written in Python to send files over a local network by creating a direct link between two devices, a wormhole!

It is a tool to send files direct from two devices in the same room / location where the sender and recipient can speak to one another.

Let’s take a typical scenario, where I have some files that I need to transfer to a friends laptop. I reach in my pocket but my USB drives are at home, and yes so are my friends!! So how do I send the files quickly? Well I use Magic Wormhole!

To use it, you install on Linux, mac, or Windows via the Python installer. To use:

I’m sat at my laptop and I want to send a file Th3-M4nd410r14n.mp4 to my friends computer. So I open a terminal and type.

wormhole send Th3-M4nd410r14n.mp4

This will then trigger the following text.

Sending 657 Bytes file named 'Th3-M4nd410r14n.mp4'
On the other computer, please run: wormhole receive
Wormhole code is: 75-disbelief-cobra

See the blog post for more information.