Check out this incredibly huge and detailed LEGO diorama of the Eternal City, Rome

49247679037 9d4a6646e2 z

Absolutely stunning build by Rocco Buttliere, featured on the The Brothers Brick.

It is rare for a LEGO build to make my jaw drop and leave me drooling on my keyboard, but that is just what this stunning layout of Imperial Rome by Rocco Buttliere did. I have a Master’s degree in Classics, primarily in the Latin language, and so anything and everything Roman is right up my via, but there is a lot of great information to learn in the descriptions of the photos, even for one with an advanced degree in a tangential field. In fact, I could spend hours looking through all the pictures, and have already spent the better part of one skimming through the descriptions. It is fascinating stuff. And the build! It is huge, about 1×2 meters in size, with 66,000 bricks going into its construction. And not one is wasted or superfluous. So let’s take a brief tour of the Eternal City, shall we?

Read more.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2SeMBW2
via IFTTT