Adventures in I2C: clock stretching on the Raspberry Pi #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

via Raspberry Pi Pod

This is a bit complicated, technically, but I’ve been asked to document the issue just in case someone comes across it.

I was getting I2C read errors when using the new TE AmbiMate MS4 sensor board (review coming soon!) with the Raspberry Pi 4. I contacted TE about it and they asked me to try a Pi 3. So I did, and it worked absolutely fine.

It was an intermittent issue on the Pi 4 (everyone’s favourite sort of error!), and so I did some research and found some information on something called ‘clock stretching‘.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!