Another Way to Make (not much) Money from My Blog

Here's an email I got yesterday.
Hi,

My name is XXX XXXX and I run a WWWW business in Alaska.
Since you run a blog in Alaska, I'd like to ask if you'd be interested
in working out an advertising relationship with me.

It's pretty simple. All I'd ask for is a blogroll link pointing to my
website, ZZZZZZ.org, or a blog post with a link to my
website from your blog. And after the links up, I'll send you $5 with Paypal. Easy as that.

And I'll also throw in free WWWWWWWW quotes for you! ;o)

Thanks for your time, and let me know if you're interested!

-XXX
Rest assured, I'm not likely to endorse a product or 
put up a link because someone is willing to pay me for it. 
If I will make sure readers know the relationship. 
And mostly I'll do it, like this post, just to let people 
know ways people surreptitiously advertise on blogs.
 
If I write about something or someplace, it's because I
think it's interesting. If I endorse it, it's because I think it's good.

That's not to say that XXXXX doesn't run a legitimate business 
and he is just being creative about ways to advertise.  
Skepticism is always healthy.