What Do I Know? Linked in Craigslist Ad

This is the first time I've noticed that this blog was linked in a Craigslist ad.  What were they selling?  A Maytag washer, of course.  The Maytag post was my first 'big' post.  I got about 22 hits, a one day record at the time.  I did fix the first problem, but eventually, we replaced the 32 year old washer for a much more water and energy efficient one.  But this post still gets regular hits.

Maytag Washer and Dryer - $100 (Eau Claire)


Date: 2010-03-27, 12:54AM CDT
Reply to: sale-twxg6-1663474401@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


It might be called the odd couple, but that show and 1/2 of this combo ran forever. The washing machine is a bid on the classic old style side. Made when things were made to last, this Maytag model A230 is one that keeps on going. I checked it out and found a few articles like this one on the Internet. Cut and paste it to your browser and read for your self. "http://whatdoino-steve.blogspot.com/2006/12/power-of-old-maytags-and-new-websites.html.

The Dryer is much newer, I don't have a date for you (around 5 years or under) I am helping a neighbor to recycle these to someone's door. The dryer is a Maytag Ultimate II and when I looked them up they lite up the sky with all the stars. (I've always wanted to say that.) If you got an interest, reply back and leave a phone # to call you back.

I appreciate your time, good luck and Thank you!

  • Location: Eau Claire
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests