Cafe Racer Twin Motorcycle #3DThursday #3DPrinting

Dbvandy shares:

This is a customization and fix of a few different Cafe Racers Things. I took what I liked from each, modified some, repaired some, and created some completely new pieces to suit my vision. I wanted the wheels to spin, so I made the changes needed for that to happen. I also had to fix a few things that would prevent the model from being assembled at all. I also wanted a twin (all bikes should have symmetrical exhausts) so I modified the engine to have a second exhaust port and mirrored the pipe. I also HATED the big ole clunky solid triple tree (that was impossible to mount to the tank btw…) so I made up some normal plates that leave the forks exposed… as it should be in a perfect world. There are some pieces that would be too small to print with any accuracy, so I used the “sharpie paint” on a few to give them a little more detail.

download the files on: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2762131


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

The Adafruit Learning System has dozens of great tools to get you well on your way to creating incredible works of engineering, interactive art, and design with your 3D printer! If you’ve made a cool project that combines 3D printing and electronics, be sure to let us know, and we’ll feature it here!