From the mail bag…

Mailbag animated

From the mail bag!

I wanted to say a huge “thank you” for making your perma-proto boards, as well as for including a free one for orders over a certain value. I’ve been burning the midnight oil the last few days, trying to finish a Christmas
present for my 1 1/2 year old nephew, who I’ll be seeing today, at the far end of a 4 hour drive.

I had to do so much rework on it when the initial design failed. If I’d tried to do that on the usual breadboards I use, I would have pulled traces up countless times, and had to rebuild the circuit on a new board. With the Adafruit perma-proto board, I was able to do SO much rework (vacuum desoldering tool for the win) without pulling up a single trace! As far as I’m concerned, these boards are worth their weight in gold.

In the end, I was finishing last minute assembly this morning before we left to see my family, after a 7 hour overnight print on my printrbot. Without the perma-proto, I don’t think I would have had time to finish this.

A big thank you to everyone at Adafruit. You have great products, great support, and you’ll make one 1 1/2 year old very happy today.

–Derek