DIY HomeKit Enabled Lightstrips #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

DIY HomeKit Enabled Lightstrip from Mark F on Vimeo.

From Fischco.org:

We recently took the plunge and got a bunch of HomeKit enabled light switches for our house. After that we got a string of the Hue Lightstrips for pretty multi-colored lights! After looking at the Hue strip, I thought that would be a cool project to build your own version. It also gave me an excuse to play with some NeoPixels which I’ve wanted to play with for a while now. 🙂

PARTS LIST AND BUILD

I prototyped the system out with a full Raspberry Pi 3, but for the final build I used a Pi Zero W since its so much smaller and cheaper.

I built a parts list over on the Adafruit website if you want specific links to all the components I used. I didn’t list out things like a soldering iron, connection wire, headers, etc, although a lot of that stuff was also used.

Read more and see more from Mark F on vimeo

NewImage


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!