Kerrine Bryan #INWED18 #RaisingTheBar @WES1919

via Womanthology

Kerrine Bryan is an engineer working in the oil and gas industry, as well as being a STEM ambassador with a passion for educating children as to what engineering is really about. In order to help raise awareness of women in male dominated careers and to challenge gender stereotypes, Kerrine set up her own publishing company, Butterfly Books, and wrote titles including My Mummy is an Engineer, My Mummy is a Plumber and My Mummy is a Scientist. Kerrine is also a volunteer mentor for the IET and STEMNET.

I spent a week at a university, getting a taste of life as an engineering undergraduate and learning about potential engineering careers. From then on I was hooked! I changed my path and pursued my engineering dream.

Oil and gas industryAfter graduating, I joined a large oil and gas contractor on their graduate scheme. My first role was as an electrical engineer within the engineering design team of a new LNG (liquid natural gas) import terminal. I was responsible for technical management of electrical packages and then went on to a site assignment, in construction, and eventually moved into commissioning.

This two-year assignment entailed managing sub-contractors, interfacing with the construction team and liaising with the client. I soon became one of the youngest lead electrical engineers. I was responsible for all aspects of electrical design as well as project planning and manpower forecasting.

I have worked on various projects including LNG plants, offshore fixed platforms and FPSOs [floating production storage and offloading vessels]. My work often involves travelling in order to witness equipment tests or to attend meetings with clients or suppliers worldwide. Most recently I have worked in a non-technical role as a contract development manager.

Read more!



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2Kc9B2t
via IFTTT