Photograph Recreating Byte Magazine’s January 1979 Cover Featuring the Motorola 6809 Microprocessor

From this:

To this:

Thanks to Bob from Galactic Studios for sending this in!

What if the beautiful, surreal paintings that graced the covers of Byte magazine were not merely figments of Robert Tinney’s imagination, but existed in real life? And what if someone photographed them?

That was my idea three years ago, when I re-created Robert Tinney’s “Computer Engineering” as a photograph. Now, I’ve done the same with another of his paintings, “Chip Building”.

The date was January, 1979, and Byte magazine’s feature article was about the design of the Motorola 6809 microprocessor. Because of this article, I chose the 6809 as the core of the first computer I owned. The cover of the magazine showed a man using a jackhammer to chisel out an integrated circuit.

Read more here.



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! https://ift.tt/2JbYLxa
via IFTTT